Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday October 31, 2003 at 07:48
vagelis
Lurking Member
October 2003
Dear Tim,
Thanks for the quick answer.
I really appreciate. Ohhh, I definitely nee your help as I am stuck here.

First as you asked the iPronto has the software Release 1.3, Version 1.3.7 and the RF icon doesn’t appear on the small LCD.

That means its not connected right?

Well that’s why I need some help here.

Here’s the situation;
I bought as I told you a wireless USB adapter "D-Link DWL-120", 802.11b with data encryption 64/128 bit and connect it to my PC.
My internet connection is via ISDN from a USB post connected to the ISDN modem and I have setup a small home LAN network with a switch connecting 2 PCs, a HP net Printer and a notebook which rarely is connected, to drag files.

I don’t have a broadband connection, a router or a Wireless Access Point, just the USB 802.11b I bought and plugged to the computer which is connected to internet and has Internet Connecting Sharing activated.

The thing is I can’t have the computer communicate with iPronto.
I also tried the notebook alone with the USB wireless card alone to communicate with the remote together, just the two of them, but it was inevitable.

I suspect that there must be a mistake on ALL these TCP/IP settings and that’s where I need your help. Can you, or any other who has solved this problem, write me WHAT ON EARTH should I input there to start communicate these two?

Both computer and iPronto settings please.
Please write me all the settings for wireless and network pages for the pronto and what to input to my PC from the beginning of the network connection page.

If I can’t have connection there I can’t download the newest software either, so I am desperate.

I wish I hadn’t such a mess here, but if I start rolling with that I think I’ll go on.
Many thanks and please be answer as soon as you can and step by step as I am completely lost.
Thanks for your time

Hosting Services by ipHouse