The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday December 1, 2003 at 09:58
msarrazi
Long Time Member
October 2003
Not at all unhappy with my iPronto, but as I stated in my "must be lucky" post, there are issues with the unit that need to be cleaned up a bit. #1 the hard buttons are not active when the unit is sleeping, #2 Too many button presses too quickly will lock the unit up, and other minor bugs that I feel can all be cleared up with a firmware update. I will admit that the iPronto is way more remote than I need to handle my devices and if the Tsu7000 were available at the time I would have bought that instead. I have been using the ts1000 since it came out and other than the nicety of having a color screen it still handles my equipment with ease. Now that I have iPronto I probably will never change to the 7000 mainly due to the electronic program guide feature, That is excellent plus all of the real estate on the screen you can have huge buttons and even insert text panels to tell your wife what will happen when you press certain buttons. I will be posting my configuration when it is complete, probably not till after X-Mas because I dont have the time right now. So long story short, if you have gobs of devices to run with multiple macro's get the iPronto, if you are running 5 or 6 devices and only want on off / channel up down / volume control, then wait for the 7000.
good Luck

Hosting Services by ipHouse