Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday December 14, 2003 at 19:56
YellowCows
Lurking Member
December 2003
Hi there,

I've been having MASSIVE headaches with this thing since I got it. I wish I never did!

I've got the oldest firmware version (1.3), and I've been trying to update it for the last two weeks, since I got it, and I keep getting the message 'Can't coneect to update server boot.pronto.philips.com', although I had the thing up and running on my WIFI network from the start.

WHat's more, there's no in-built code database on this thing, only one of the layouts has 'M' views, and they're all remote windows-only - not browser; the thing won't activate my EPG keys no matter how hard I try, and as you say, recently, it won't even load the ipronto page. I've tried every configuration possible, disabled my firewall, changed the settings more times than I can count, and still nothing!

I spoke to Philips a few times, and at first they told me that the problems were on their side, and that their update server was down, but then a few days ago, they said it must be my firewall, and then b4 the weekend, the ipronto page went black. That's from their side, I'm sure, because it's the first time this happens, but I don't know what the truth is regarding my other problems.

Have you managed to download new firmware from the server in the last two weeks? If you have, let me know, and if you haven't could you do me a big favour and try it now? If you're getting the same issues, at least then I'll know it's not just me.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Moory

Hosting Services by ipHouse