The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 26, 2004 at 20:18
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Couldn't hold out any longer since the most recent threads seem to indicate that Philips is getting their act together. Just bought the iPronto and Netx.

My first task when I get them will be to reverse engineer the protocol between the iPronto and netx so I can write a PC based Netx emulator. This will allow me to control RS232 devices from the PC on commands from the iPronto and use slinke for IR as I already do. Since Philips OEM's the netx from Openspeak, I assume they will not release the protocol.

My intent is to make the iPronto the house "Dashboard" but be able to deal with every PC on the house LAN as the recipient of commands (The Theater PC and the Homeseer PC which controls the houseare the major ones).

I have seen some nice icf files but Philips did not help much or I am missing someting. There does not appear to be a way to save the bitmaps so one could use what others have done. Did I miss something? Could someone clue me in where some of the nice bitmaps and graphics I see came from?

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse