Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday February 17, 2004 at 06:21
ChrisA
Founding Member
March 2002
Ernie

As you have not had any replies I though I would chip in because you have a client in need of help. I have an ipronto with multiple NetX devices and a TSU6000 with multiple RF units as well.

I gave up trying to import my exisiting PRO ccf file, I had a combination of database codes, learned codes and discrete codes put in from this site, also a mixture of RF and IR implementation. The manual makes it clear that all data may not transfer and in my case this was true. I ended up starting again, which was ok for me as I decided to do things a bit different.

The daily update only applies to the EPG data.

Without a wireless network you are basically stuffed at this moment in time for making changes via ipronto edit as there is no other way to upload or download a new configuration file to an ipronto. You would not be able to update the firmware either as the wireless transfer is used for that as well. As you are refering to RF for the existing unit I assume you would be trying to use NetX devices to perform the same function. Again these reside on your wireless network with individual IP addresses so basically no wireless network no multi room or closet location capability.

So Wireless is crutial to obtain any remote location control, firmware or configuration file updates, and EPG data delivery.

The only possible way I could see to use this kit without a wireless network would be to have AV kit that can use the inbuilt codes database and runs on IR only. That means using about 15% of the capability of the unit err not so cool now!

Hope this answers your questions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse