The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday February 11, 2004 at 11:26
ChrisA
Founding Member
March 2002
This thread has some constructive comments contained in it so I thought I would just add some of my own. I am a long time Pronto user (basically all models up to the Pro. I have just ordered the ipronto as it looks like it's moving forward.
Philips are good at invention (you might be quite suprised if you new how many patents they have secured over the years) but it appears that they have a tendency to weakness in bringing new products to market, particularly when it comes to reliability (eg: DVD recorders and Ipronto). This alas tends to mar thier reputation. I would like to suggest that they invest in a good reliability program to iron out as many of the problems during the development phase as possible. I make this comment from experience in this field having spent many years in both manufacturing and I.T. which included working on reliability projects for world class manufacturers around the globe (wearing my manufacturing hat). I might like to suggest that a re-think on front line customer support would not go amiss either (wearing my I.T. hat). I stress the fact that I have no conection with Philips nor am I touting for business!

Hosting Services by ipHouse