The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday February 10, 2004 at 22:11
FireAx
Lurking Member
February 2004
Your points are all very well taken. I now recall that this is an item most people pay an installer to program for them. If an end user were given a fully programmed and debugged iPronto, then I can see where an easily accessible programming UI is viewed as unnecessary.

As an old computer nerd, I just can't imagine paying anybody to program a remote for me.

I've been looking at the Pronto and iPronto products from the consumer's perspective. I'm not unfamiliar with IR control, having designed and built presentation and training rooms.

I will admit that at the end of the day my brain is toast (why does it seem to get crispier as I get older?) and I was hoping the iPronto would allow me to be mentally lazy by providing a simple menu system for selecting my AV components.

There is no argument that a flexible system like the iPronto is a boon for advanced users and talented folks who can take advantage of it.

I do feel sorry for the end user to pays for one of these things pre-programmed and then later wants to add a new component on their own.

-Rob

Hosting Services by ipHouse