The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday February 10, 2004 at 05:29
wattsn
Founding Member
April 2002
I have to say I agree to a degree with what has been said abouve about the half baked UI on the iPronto. However, I am one of those that enjoys developing the ccf's, pcf's, icf's, whatever.

What I will say though is that the device database does exist, just like with the ProntoPro (and PPENG). Has this been forgotten or overlooked. You can choose your device mfr, eqpt and codeset within the device properties page for each device. This enabled me to immediately use most of the standard device pages from the default icf with some further work to tweak it.

So yes, I agree that a more refined UI would certainly not go amiss but I do think that at the iPronto level Philips may well have taken a view that it would be a Custom Installer device only and not an end user proposition (from a programming point of view). Indeed, I do remember reading this to be the case before it was launched. No excuses for Philips here in delivering an incomplete product but the end result is still pretty damn impressive.

Hosting Services by ipHouse