The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday February 9, 2004 at 13:26
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
A: When first initialized, the iPronto should ask for an inventory of your AV equipment, by product name and model. It would then automatically set up those devices using a database of codes (which any decently funded tech lab could develop within a few months) and that would be it.

B: If you need to add a device, you should be able to simply choose from a menu.

It is easy,the people that buy and enjoy Prontos don't want that. I got into the Pronto because I wanted a remote that was "open" for me to do what I want. Back then there was the Take control and I could have chosen it. On the other hand the TC is gone and the Pronto line-up is still around. To me that means people want a remote that is them, and are willing to live with the consequences (longer, harder) set-up. There cannot be one remote that suites all people. On the other hand I don't know about the iPronto, but on the rest of the Prontos there is the default config and if you download it to the remote (or if you don't upload your own config) you can use the remote to do what you want

Hosting Services by ipHouse