The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 8, 2004 at 12:00
claycollier
Long Time Member
March 2004
I was a little nervous about how the remote would perform based on all of the posts ive read but I must admit I am VERY happy with mine. The setup was flawless along with the update. (It was shipped with v. 1.37) I was impressed with the construction of the unit as well. I have heard that the range is not very good on the wireless pc card but I found it to be every bit as good or better than my laptop. The menus also changed faster than expected. I have heard a lot about the speed of the unit but it is plenty fast enough for me. Now to the negatives::

1. I have done a lot of surfing on the unit (2 days) and I did have to hit the reset button once on the back to reboot. It just froze while loading a page.

2. The channel up/down and volume up/down are located in a bad spot. Why didnt they put those along the right hand side of the unit?

3. The scroll on the left side of the unit does not scroll web pages!! Not sure what they are thinking there. All it does is control the volume level. (and go to the menu)

4. Unable to have web page in M view. It shows the unit doing this in the setup poster but doesn't appear possible.

5. Also, would be nice to link a web page to a button. It seems as thought they have kept the remote part and the web part 2 separate entities. Would be nice to link the 2.

Overall - the possiblities are almost endless. I am in the process of setting up up a home page for my house in order to have 1 page for all my links. (Audiotron, Security cameras, etc...)

I would definitely recommend it!!

Clay

Hosting Services by ipHouse