The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 10, 2004 at 11:35
Bill Kounellas
Founding Member
January 2002
OK, here is my dilemma, before I got my iPronto, I had an 8-port Linksys router for my hard-wired network (being fed by a cable modem). Once I got my iPronto, I went out and purchased a Uniden 802.11b Wireless Access Point (also included 4 ports for hard wired networking via Cat5). I took one of the unused ports from my Linksys and ran it into the WAN input port of my Uniden Wireless router. My iPronto worked fine and was able to get on the internet and all was well.
My problem now is that anything going into my Linksys can not be seen by what is in my Uniden. For instance my PC was hardwired into one of the ports on the Linksys so whenever I tried to do an upload/download to the iPronto, it would never see find my iPronto. Once I unplugged the Ethernet connection from my PC to the Linksys and plugged it into the Uniden, I was able to upload/download iPronto "icf" files into my iPronto. So how do I get both of these Routers to be seen on the same network?

My current setup is a cable modem going to my Linksys then one of the outputs on the Linksys goes to the WAN input of the Uniden Wireless Router. Do I need another device between my cable modem and these (2) routers, maybe a hub? I have 9 devices on my home network so I need both of these Routers unless somebody makes a wireless access point router with 12 or 16 hardwired ports.
Thanks for the help, Bill
Bill Kounellas

Hosting Services by ipHouse