Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday April 16, 2004 at 12:35
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Ernie, Wattsn is correct. Here is what I sent you

The NetX is to the iPronto as the RX77 is to the TSU6000. The iPronto has the ability to make the global choice as to whether it is to use IR or RF. It is for the ipronto as a whole, every device programmed into the iPronto.

I do not believe that the NetX and the RX77 are compatible, I suspect not. They may use different encoding etc. The netX can be found as the Philips NetX if you search the web. I think the price is somewhere around $300. I had one but returned it as it did not do what I wanted. The Netx also "plugs" into a wireless ethernet network (wi-fi). It is configured by the iProntoEdit software vis the network since a PC does not issue RF other than as Ethernet protocol (wi-fi) and the iPronto communicates with it for some tasks (mostly setup) as an IP device on the wireless network. iProntoEdit also talks to the iPronto in the same manner for purposes of downloading to the iPronto

When the iPronto is communicating with the NetX to direct the netX to send IR codes, I believe it does that using a wireless protocol that is similar to that used by the RX77, but I suspect not the same.

Hope the above helps

Hosting Services by ipHouse