Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 16, 2004 at 11:41
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Barry,
thanks for the response.

I do not know what NetX device you are talking about, as I am new to the networking side of things.

I get really picky when I am trying to describe technical things, so I have to ask these questions --

The NetX device "converts the RF signals to IR." Okay; what RF signals? I do not see any device anywhere that makes RF signals that can be converted to IR. Does the iPronto put out RF and Philips just did not tell us? Does the iPronto send info out on its wireless card when you use the remote control functions, and THIS is the RF you are talking about?

I assure you, though, that I am not trying to have an RF signal from any remote talk directly to an RF receiving part of a component. I am trying to get the IR info to a Pronto-type RF to IR converter such as the RX77, exactly as you would do with a TSU6000. In fact, since the system I am using has two TSU6000s that talk to an RX77, that is EXACTLY what I want to do.

But...please let me know what the NetX device is.

Thanks.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse