The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Thursday May 13, 2004 at 18:18
wattsn
Founding Member
April 2002
I was totally pro the iPronto since buying it earlier this year (see my posts) and also participated in the beta program. However. my views have now changed and I think the iPronto is just an expensive pile of poo marketed highly by Philips with all sorts of promises to encourage us to part with our monies. Now we have they appear to have given up with the device and leave us all with an overpriced, oversized basic remote.

Basic? Yes, because most all touch screen remotes now do what the iPronto does. This thing should do so much more but like Video 2000 and CDi Philips appear to have just given up in developing the product and supporting their customers.

Sorry Philips, but you should be ashamed of yourselves and as a minimum you should be either providing all your customers with an indication of what you are planning for the device along with realistic timescales or offer a buy back program so we can spend our money on a product which does what it says on the tin and is supported by the manufacturer.

Please, prove me wrong and show you care :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse