The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday May 12, 2004 at 06:52
Kees van der Meer
Long Time Member
December 2003
If I’m allowed to speak for all who were involved in the Betatest program, we also were disappointed when we heard that there wouldn’t be really new features in the version we then were going to be testing.
To think of what more you could do with a sophisticated machine as the iPronto should be not very complex. More features, more fun! I also like new gadgets as all of you out there, but first condition is that you have to create a stable and reliable workaround for it. When you have reached that point then you think about adding new stuff. I am not a Philips employee but I support their point of view on this. Think of it as a car; you can add a lot of fancy accessories to it, but it gets you nowhere if the motor isn’t working properly.

Believe me, during the Beta test period we have ventilated really loads of new ideas for the iPronto. Too much to name them here but many items are also discussed here on this forum. I trust that now the Prontoteam has succeeded in creating a more stable and a much improved faster workaround, they will put all available time and energy to implement new features and functionalities to this great device soon.

Kees

Hosting Services by ipHouse