The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday May 11, 2004 at 11:53
jwilliams
Founding Member
September 2001
I wouldn’t be so hard on them just yet; I debated for a long time on whether to purchase an iPronto and I did purchase one 2 weeks ago. After decent success with the 2000 I wanted something more and purchased a 6000 and what a disappointment that was. Philips at one time had earned my respect as a company that could deliver cutting edge products but after my last several purchases of there cutting edge products (TSU-6000, DirecTV Tivo, and DVD recorder sorry I can’t remember the model # its been it when in the trash long ago) I’ve ended up with a bunch of stuff that never worked as advertised and or was completely unreliable.

I should have purchased a Crestron in the first place and been done with it but I’m an engineer and I like to play with things.

I glad to see that they have a presence on this board and are diligently working on issues and enhancements. Everyone wants enhancements and expanded capabilities and I’m sure they’ll come in time but remember that existing issues need to be corrected first. I’m not defending Philips just my fellow engineers.

But if they drop the ball on this one I’ll purchase a Crestron, line up my 3 Pronto’s and shoot them with a 12 gauge slug one at a time and never purchase another Philips product again.

Hosting Services by ipHouse