The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday March 14, 2004 at 11:22
grs
Long Time Member
December 2003
I have a Sohoware Netblaster II (several years old -- so by computer/Internet standards its ancient) wireless network at home. The iPronto would cause all kinds of network problems with the originally-installed Philips wifi card -- including losing its network connection three and four times a day. Finally, after trying all kinds of network settings, I gave up and installed a Sohoware Netblaster II wireless PC card. That was maybe four months ago -- and all's been fine since. Could've been the Sohoware wireless hub, could've been the Philips wifi card. I might find out soon -- am installing a new wireless network at home next week (D-Links 802.11a/b/g).

When I did have these network problems, I didn't have to boot my laptop to get the iPronto to connect to the network -- I would usually have to reboot the cable modem or the wireless hub. I also had to buy the 4-computer-connection package from my cable company to allow the laptop, the iPronto, and two other computers to connect independently to the Internet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse