bassfiend
Long Time Member
September 2003
On 07/10/04 11:43, wattsn said...
Anyway, my final point on this is that to replace
that button with yet another browser is just plain
lazy. After all, the only reason we need multiple
browser buttons is because Philips have been too
damn lazy to produce a favourites (or links) facility.

I don't quite agree with you on there being no requirement for multiple browsers ... I have one browser set to the Home Automation web frontend generated by my HA controller, one to the web frontend for SlimServer, one to my firewall and one to my wireless AP - the other goes to www.dominos.co.uk. ;-)

Being serious though - with multiple browsers having defined addresses then that web page becomes part of your remote rather than the remote being a device running a webbrowser. (Do you get my meaning?) I do wish though that they would get round to allowing the removal of those damn blue tabs from the left hand side of the display - I think we both fought for that on the beta testing run!

I've really enjoyed my iPronto for 6 months but
I just wish to God Philips would pull their finger
(or maybe their heads) out of their backsides
and give us what we deserve with this product.
I should not be surprised though. Remember CDi,
V2000 and other products which they just abandoned.
I reckon the iPronto will go the same way within
the next 6 months - dropped by Philips. Crying
shame!!

I still do enjoy my iPronto - I'd love another but I can't afford it - and I certainly don't see Philips dropping it as a product in the near future. Possibly I get a little more visibility of what they're doing at the moment but I do know that they are working very hard on a couple of network related issues involving several of my customers.

Unfortunately I think between the participants in that last Beta testing phase and the Philips iPronto Team we missed a great opportunity to really blitz the unit ... the Ipronto Team were concentrating on a few defined areas on the whole and a number of the beta testers seemed more interested in where was their NetXtender that they were promised and whether anyone else had any funky graphics that they could use rather than doing serious testing.

Yes, there are some people having problems and they do need to be resolved but it isn't easy - I do know that they are working hard to get them resolved though. I am also aware though that we have a large number of iProntos out there that are working absolutely faultlessly - mine included in that since the 1.6 firmware release cured my only problem which was the unit not coming out of sleep!

Phil

Hosting Services by ipHouse