The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday July 10, 2004 at 11:43
wattsn
Founding Member
April 2002
I can see why some did not like the Qview and also how you can (partly) replace it with a self created one. I say partly because one of the nice things with Qview was you could mix and match the quarter screens as required, in effect giving ultimate flexibility. Had they done away with the stupid tabs and scroll bars I think it would have been better accepted.

Anyway, my final point on this is that to replace that button with yet another browser is just plain lazy. After all, the only reason we need multiple browser buttons is because Philips have been too damn lazy to produce a favourites (or links) facility.

I've really enjoyed my iPronto for 6 months but I just wish to God Philips would pull their finger (or maybe their heads) out of their backsides and give us what we deserve with this product. I should not be surprised though. Remember CDi, V2000 and other products which they just abandoned. I reckon the iPronto will go the same way within the next 6 months - dropped by Philips. Crying shame!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse