Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 16, 2004 at 12:50
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Kees, an english translation please?

I am pretty sure that for IR work, the communications between the ipronto and the NetX is not through the wireless (wi-fi) network. I say this because I put a sniffer on the wired side of the wireless network (same subnet as the access point is plugged into) and watched the traffic. There was UDP traffic (multicast if I remember right) when the iPronto was looking for the Netx and configring it, Same is true of the iProntoEdit running on a PC. When the iPronto was talking to the NetX to send IR, there was no IP (TCP or UDP) traffic seen on the network. My conclusion was that for wireless RF to the NetX for purposes of IR generation, the Wireless network is not used. The NetX operates just like other Philips wireless RF to IR devices (e.g. Philips RX77) with a carrier around 417 khz. I wish Philips would describe what is going on. It is too bad Philips has such a closed mind. They should look at TiVo a very successful open minded company or Roku a company with a similar view point. Roku even describes the details of their IR protocol which happens to be the NEC protocol giving timing and coding. All companies should do that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse