The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday September 14, 2004 at 22:39
VeniceDre
Long Time Member
December 2003
I've been an Ipronto owner for about 9 months now... At the point I came in the firmware had been updated to a very stable version. Subsequent updates have increased this reliability... I've only had the remote crash on me twice in the last 3 months (fixed by reboot) ... And I use it heavily on a daily basis. The intial selling point for me was the large color screen size... I have big hands...

I have to say I am extremely pleased with my Ipronto. I have a rather large custom ICF of about 7.2 MB. The remote runs my lighting, as well as my system composed of a Sony HDTV, HD DirecTV Tivo, Denon receiver, Laserdisc, SVHS, DVHS, 2 Zektor Component switchers, Pioneer DVD-A/SACD player, 6 casssette changer, and has direct access to 3 Sony 400 DVD megachangers and a 400 CD megachanger via beautiful color thumbnails. I'm running lots of macros and the remote never hiccups. It has been great!

I occassionally use the browser when I want to check email without getting up and rarely ust the EPG guide (usually just showing it off)... I have DirecTV so I mainly rely on it's onscreen guide.

If you take your time creating your ICF and make sure you have no bad codes or jumps you'll have no problems. I love it! If it was my choice i'd spend the extra couple hundred for the much larger screen size. To be honest I still prefer the 2000/6000 handheld series over the newer ones. They handle falls alot better.

Hosting Services by ipHouse