The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday December 17, 2004 at 13:21
hedrums
Lurking Member
December 2004
Thanks for the reply, and... hmmm. On my old TS1000, selecting a device from the "device list" on the right (the one that "drops down" when you touch the currently selected device) does indeed allow me to execute a macro as the screen transitions to a newly selected device.

I *do* use the jump-to trick on the new iPronto's buttons, but I *definitely* miss the automatic macro execution on device switch. As you note, the equivalent functionality on the iPronto would be to execute a macro when I select a device from the tabs on the left.

The key difference between the two editors (in this regard) is that on the TS1000 there is a tab called "Action" on the "Device Properties" page for every device. You can put any macro in there you like, and it is executed automatically when that device becomes the "current device" on the Pronto. There is another tab called "Hard Keys" that lets you do the same hard-key assignments you can on the iPronto. The iPronto, by contrast, has no tab analagous to "Action" on the "Device Properties" dialog (the four tabs on each device's Properties dialog are (as you know): Label, Settings, Hard buttons, and RF. What I believe is missing there is one called "Action" that does what "Action" on the Pronto's editor does.

Does this make sense?

Hosting Services by ipHouse