The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday September 20, 2004 at 04:57
bassfiend
Long Time Member
September 2003
On 09/19/04 23:19 ET, Barry Gordon said...
Wha they ought to do is offer a trade in / exchange
on the iPronto. I am sure the adoption of this
product will mean end of life for the iPronto.

The early adopters are screwed once again.

The information I have is that this will coexist with the existing Pronto product line ... it is deliberately not being given the "Pronto" branding to keep it a separate series.

Remember that it won't have *ANY* of the programability or configurability of the current Prontos, there is no PC setup software for it. Also - the planned pricing for the unit (I received initial release schedules and pricing for it only this morning) does not put it in any sort of competition with the iPronto or even the RU980 so I think your "early adopters being screwed once again" comment may be a little misplaced - tell you what Barry, I'll do you a deal, when the 9800i comes out I'll do you a straight exchange for your iPronto (assuming it's all tidy and unmarked) - now I can't say fairer than that can I? ;-)

The Pronto line is aimed more at the enthusiast / installer where as the 9800i seems to be aimed more at the higher-end end user who has no desire to spend time creating something uniquely tailored to him.

Phil

This message was edited by bassfiend on 09/20/04 07:28 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse