The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday March 27, 2005 at 02:54
Philbert
Lurking Member
March 2005
I recently got my iPronto a few months back. I like tech stuff, but don't always get things, so this was special for me. Luckily I got it as a demo for $500 - cheaper than the new9800i which has yet to show up.
Pros:
Fully customizable screens - completely, which means you need to do your homework in order to set it up the way you want. My wife's new puppy fills my main menu, and parts of the puppy (e.g. nose) are buttons. I just made the bmp for the main screen, then cropped and saved parts (also creating high contrast versions for inverse buttons). Buttons are task-related, such as "Watch TV" and "Watch DVD" as well as "Turn off TV," etc.
BIG screen - nothing compares for less than many grand (Crestron, etc.).
ElectrPgmGuide with filters makes for quasi-intelligent "Gee, what's on" answers. Works up to 1 week in advance. Comes with 3-years free EPG service.
Very easy remote learning. I never programmed in my remotes by number - I just pointed the remote and went to town. Very quick and easy to use.

Cons:
Many future ready components of the iPronto are useless - SD-card slot, speakers, USB for example.
Battery wears down quickly thanks to the upload nightly of the EPG info. Most members hear say they mainly either keep it plugged in all the time to the AC or do so every night. After 3 days of no plug in the remote will likely be out of power.
I can't get my iPronto to show my PC-based music, much less preview it and/or send to my receiver. I hear the 9800I can do this, but that remote has yet to show up.
Slow internet connection - basically useless browser in these days.
Thanks,
Phil-bert

Hosting Services by ipHouse