The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday March 6, 2005 at 14:56
colintve
Lurking Member
March 2005
Obviously one of the main problems will be money for anyone to do anything with this issue.

If every ipronto user paid a small fee to a club, I wonder how much could be generated.

From Philips point of view, their decision will be purely based on a financial picture. They are a business, so their sole aim is to make money, or at least not lose money. I believe that this style of remote control device will not become a mainstream product until they can dramatically drop in price. Mention to any "ordinary" person that you have spent over £700 on a remote and most people will think you mad, citing that they bought their whole TV for less. It is definitely a rich toy, and that means small numbers of sales at higher prices.

I would suggest that rather than spend time and money fighting Philips, someone try to find them a way to make money from it, and it then may happen.

As a company exec, I would see it that way, and am sure they do.

If they bought out the extras, would users pay for them. If so, it could then make financial sense for them to make them.

Remember the Hoover fiasco. A lot worse was said and promoted, and no consumer won there. Up against Philips? I know who I would bet would win :(

Hosting Services by ipHouse