The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday May 1, 2005 at 09:15
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Ans 1 - Probably The iPronto browser is very weak. It handles only the most basic (simple) web formats)

Ans 2 - I do not believe there is any documentation available to allow you to do that (I am not even sure what you mean by that) but in theory it should be possible. I wanted to make a PC operate as a NetX i.e. receive the RF (TCP/IP) from a iPronto and was never able to figure out how to do that. If a Had a free Netx (I sold the one I had) I would play some more with it. I believe if Philips provided a small PC program for a PC with a wifi card operating in ad hoc mode (I do believe that is the way the netx works, but am not sure) the would significantly increase the functionality of the iPronto and put it smack in the realm of AMX and Crestron user interfaces. They would open up the entire HA market to the iPronto.

But then again Philips does not listen to its iPronto customer base when asked to fix what does not work, to provide what they have marketed but not delivered as functionality, . . .

Hosting Services by ipHouse