The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 30, 2005 at 07:54
Grimmace
Long Time Member
February 2003
Well, I was finally able to get through to someone on the Pronto team at Phillips today and got the following information. These are all from the tech I talked to.

1) The ipronto is no longer made, but is "supported"
2) The best place to go for ipronto support is remotecentral.com
3) They do not intend to enable any more features on the Ipronto, they were put on (usb etc) as a possibility.
4) They do not get alot of complaits about the ipronto.
5) The only firmware updates that will come out will be to fix things already enabled on the device that do not work right.

I guess unless we complain directly to Phillips we will never get anything else for this remote. I called the 888-486-6272 and got english speaking people the whole time (never have before, it shocked me) who knew what they were talking about. So, it seems they really are looking at this site, but that is not offical complaining I guess. If you call, (I did the following menu options, english, skip the number request, and then say assistance) state the problem and ask to speak to a pronto team member. The person I spoke to was very helpful and gave me this information. Don't know if I should put his name up though. I did ask if this was it for a MSRP $1600 remote and yep is pretty much the answer. I called about the ipronto buttons sticking and repeatly send out a signal with a NETX.

I also went to www.usasupport.philips.com and they had some ipronto information there. After a week, I got an e-mail back from the www.pronto.philips.com site about the ipronto that didn't even answer my question. Phillips has moved on the 9800 I guess.

Robert

Hosting Services by ipHouse