The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday April 1, 2006 at 02:21
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
The iPronto is an excellent device if what you want is a basic IR remote with lots of screen real estate and superb flexibility for making your own screens. AND NOTHING MORE! It helps if you are a computer scientist or programmer. That is what I want, that is what I am, so to me it is an excellent device. Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder.

Refurbished units on eBay for $650 are a very good deal for what I need. I paid full list price for mine several years ago. Too me Refurbished means fixed and carefully inspected and tested to be fully working.

Having said that I am furious with Philips over how they screwed (it is the word that fits best) their iPronto early adopters, late adopters, customers. I will never buy another Philips product mainly because I do not trust them. I will not do business (if I can at all avoid doing so) with a firm I niether trust nor respect. They made implied promises and never delivered. They were not honest in their dealings with ther iPronto customers and I belive that to be a truism right now. Getting a straight answer is almost impossible. Repair of an existing out of warranty unit in a reasonable time frame at a reasonable cost is difficult to put it mildly.

Am I Schizophrenic with regard to my iPronto - I guess so.

Hosting Services by ipHouse