Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday August 15, 2005 at 09:00
dbjorck
Lurking Member
May 2003
Hi!

I feel I have a grasp of it now. One main reason for considering the iPronto over the ProntoPro was the large screen size. There were two things I could see myself do with that;
1) Replace the wireless keyboard and mouse so I really have only one piece of equipment to keep track of
2) Simple browsing, for instance being able to look up a recipe on the web and take the iPronto with me to the kitchen (recipe sites tend to be simple, without Java or plugins, and currently I'm running back and forth between the kitchen and living room when I want to do this)

Since 1 is not possible, and 2 would only be used occasionally; and more importantly, there hasn't been an avalanche of people saying they are happy with the iPronto, I'm wondering if the extra money is really worth it.

I'm at my wits end and can't decide now. The ProntoPro is more "hand friendly" than the large iPronto, and I will want to move around with it around the house to control lighting and sound. Anyone with experience of both (preferably after the latest iPronto update) with any tips and feedback that could give me inspiration enough to decide?

Brgds

Danny

Hosting Services by ipHouse