The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 1, 2006 at 02:10
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Well it finally happened. I dropped the iP{ronto (onto a carpeted floor about 3 feet) and now it will not boot. It starts the welcome screem and states it is starting up and cleaning resources. A few moments later the music plays and then comes the pretty blue. WHOA!!!

I had taken the battery out about 30 minutes ago and while writing this decided I needed to get the exact messages it was coming up with. I put the battery back in and Lo and behold the system booted!!! i just bid on a second one on ebay and will probably buy it anyway since I can not run the Theater with out it.

There is a 1 pixel wide vertical line that often shows up in the center of the display. It depends on how I am holding it and how hard I squeeze it. If I squeeze the casework on the left side (not the buttons) I get quite a few one pixel wide vertical lines near the center of the screen. If I release the pressure the lines go away. Sometimes all, sometimes all except one which then eventually goes away.

Any one have any thoughts on what might be wrong? If I want to get this repaired by Philips what am I looking at $$ wise and Time wise. Any thoughts? Any suggestions (be polite)?

Hosting Services by ipHouse