The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday December 6, 2006 at 16:10
Grimmace
Long Time Member
February 2003
Well, here is what I have done. My house network is on Linksys WAP54 APs. They are set to G only, no broadcast, and WPA secured. I wound up buying a Linksys WAP11 and have it on B only, no SSID Broadcast and WEP since that is all it can do. The WAP11 is only for the IPronto, at $10 it solved all my problems. My extender and Ipronto both have static IP addresses. Also, the WAP54 are on channels 5 and 11 (same SSID for roaming), while the WAP11 is on 1. The reason I did this was because I wanted WPA and G as possible. Mixing with the B and WEP only IPronto caused issues.

I would try the Ipronto with a static IP, make sure the channels for the WRT and WAP are different, and see if a dedicated B signal will help. Also, double check your MAC filtering if it is on (I know obvious stuff, but you never know).

Also, Phillips does not and has not support this device for a while, and basically leaves all of the support to this forum (this is what Phillips support told me). I wouldn't waste my time with those idiots again.

Robert

Hosting Services by ipHouse