Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday May 25, 2007 at 09:24
miguelito
Long Time Member
April 2007
All -

When my iPronto makes an unsuccessful EPG download, it locks up. My only way to get it back seems to be a "paperclip" reboot from the back.

After that, there is all kinds of weirdness with the touch buttons not working after its first sleep. I either can't wake it up (needing another paperclip reboot) or after waking only the hard buttons work. When the touch buttons do work, this weirdness is sometimes fixed via a reboot from the "About" panel, but more often, not cleared. I really don't know what makes the symptoms finally go away (until the next failed download) but something does, if I prod the iPronto long enough.

Other symptoms: the clock time is wrong (corrects itself on reboot) and the battery will report being low, though it should be fully charged. I only use it in the evening and leave it charging all day.

Does the battery not charge if locked up, thus depleting itself after a failed 5AM download?

What's the best approach here to regain control. I presume it's going to lockup every other week or so. Is that within your experience?

Thanks,
miguelito

Hosting Services by ipHouse