The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday August 9, 2007 at 17:17
tmccaffrey
Long Time Member
September 2004
On January 5, 2007 at 12:57, micahTV said...
I guess you mis-understood. It is the power INPUT that
is bad on the new remote. Melted. Not the plug. So I bought
it to place it's screen into mine with the screen that
will not calibrate. Please advise if anyone has done this
or how to do this?

ive fixed 2 out of 3 broken ipronto's in the last 4 months. its pretty easy after opening the first one. we still have 1 at the office for parts. start by removing all visible screws. start prying apart the case using a small flathead screwdriver, near the battery location and move towards the top. the top is the hardest part to pry apart (near IR) so save that for last. inside there are 4 screws holding in the touchscreen, 1 screw for the stylus. unplug all the ribbon connections (battery, power to screen, video to screen, bottom hard buttons ribbon, side soft buttons, side hard buttons. the video to screen ribbon came loose and fixed the problem on 2 of the ipronto's (the screen colors were all screwed up-for lack of a technical term). reconnect the ribbons, reconnect battery to test. i wish i took a pic when it was apart.

the battery connects via a ribbon and the ribbon was charded on 1 remote. also found liquid inside the ipronto. looked like someone spilled a liquid on it and caused a short.

if the problem is the recharging cable, the connector may have broke the soldering points inside.

Hosting Services by ipHouse