Your Universal Remote Control Center
Philips iPronto Forum - View Post
Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 22, 2007 at 06:05
Long Time Member
February 2003
Not happy... My dog (bless her little cotton socks) knocked a can of Coke over my iPronto, and ever since it has failed to work. At first it was totally dead. I have dried it out and things have improved a bit. It will boot into the first stage, where it shows the iPronto logo, but before it does the animated bit with the circles radiating from the "o". Immediately after that it just switches the screen off, but the lights around the hard buttons remain on. The little digital display with the clock and battery state is blank.

If I boot into the menu to flag for update and set it to update the firmware, that works fine. It accesses the network, connects to the Phillips server and checks the partitions. All are fine (it says), and no update is downloaded. It then reboots exactly as above.

Any ideas of what I need to do? Or is it dead and in need of a good burial?

Hosting Services by ipHouse