Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday August 25, 2005 at 04:40
satscan
Long Time Member
August 2005
Hi Kalle,
thanks for the information. I had registered at ProSyst a year ago and motivated by the information from linuxdevices I already tried portscans as well.

I am still trying to fiddle out how these things work together:
iPronto OS 1.x
Tao Intent 1.3.3 (Personal Java 1.2)
Espial Escape 3.x (browser software developer kit)
Espial Espresso 4.0 TV RTK (Java, lightweight GUI development toolkit)
Espial DeviceTop (graphical application manager, provides a standard OSGi Release 2 Service Platform to receive and execute OSGi service bundles)
ProSyst mBedded Server 5.0
UPnP
ProSyst mGUI Library (Java graphical user interface)
Poet FastObjects J2 (object database technology for Java and C++ applications)
Intrinsic CerfWorks OS Manager (remote management application to monitor, update and manage devices)
Intrinsic TurboBoot (bootloader located in flash memory on a device)
Intrinsic TurboManage (server for provisioning TurboBoot enabled devices)

Isn't mBedded Server from ProSyst the service delivery platform? The multimedia platform being used is Intent from Tao. They also provide the PersonalJava 1.2. How does Elate RTOS fit into this?

Philips has fooled me buying this expensive device based on all the promised features that were never implemented. It's a shame to watch the harware becoming obsolete and Philips doing absolutely nothing.

I found this article dated 04/2003:
The iPronto includes USB connectivity and an MMC/SD card slot for future applications and accessories. Among others, the iPronto features other built-in components that enhance the entertainment experience, like a built-in microphone and stereo speakers that will allow users to listen to MP3s from the Internet through future software upgrades and for future applications such as voice recognition and telephony. Implementing ProSyst's open, modular and scalable service delivery platform, the iPronto has an always-on Internet connection by which new features and software can be sent to the unit on the request.

This message was edited by satscan on 08/25/05 06:06 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse