The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday June 30, 2002 at 11:01
NeoPaul
Long Time Member
June 2002
I've been reading reviews and posts on this forum for a few days now, and am ready to take the plunge. I tried the Sony RM-AV3000 but found it lacking in it's ability to be truely customized to my liking. I have downloaded the free NeoEdit software from the Philips website and have already created a simple file that combines all the most frequently used functions of four different remotes. I do have a couple questions that I hope can be answered here:

1. Once I receive my new ProntoNeo, can I just down load the file I created to the remote and then have it learn all the buttons I have assiged from the old remotes?

2. Once this is accomplished, can I upload the remote to my computer creating a back-up of this file for later retrieval?

I am very interested in creating a few macro pages that will turn on and set up all my home theatre components to watch a DVD with one button push, but understand I have to get the basics down first. I plan on ordering the ProntoNeo on Monday after I return the Sony and get my money back. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Paul... :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse