You'll have more work trying to learn the IR codes
to a button over and over even if it was possible
to do!

It is much simpler to take and layout a page with
all the numbers, learn them ONCE, and then just
link them to make a macro, thus saving time and
the memory that the relearned IR codes would consume
on the remote!

Whith the Pronto, when you specify the hardware type (ie, a cable box), there are several IR codes that you get "for free", that you *don't* have to learn. The limitation I'm referring to is that you can't assign more than one of these IR actions to a single button.

I'm certainly not saying I want to have a single button "learn" more than 1 command. In fact, what I'm talking about here doesn't involve any learning whatsoever.

Having to link commands take *many* clicks for a single command. But specifying an IR code, however, is just 1-2 clicks at most. This is a huge work savings over lnking commands, which require you to navigate through menus to the page on which the button exists to make the link. Additionally, this also requires you to have an extra page of buttons which you may not want to have in the first place.

I'm just wondering if this limitation has been removed or will be removed in the near future. Linking instead of selecting already known IR codes works, but is a lot more tedious.

-- N

Hosting Services by ipHouse