Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 6, 2005 at 17:08
Broem
Lurking Member
December 2005
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and am amazed about the information that can be found over here, congratulations!! I do have however a question.... I am strugling with getting my DVDR 990 Philips recorder region free. I did found a lot of information and I am pretty sure that it must be possible to use the ProntoNeo to send the correct code.

On the site of Jeroen Verhaar, I found some interesting information describing how to. The information however refers to the usage of Pronto Edit version 1.05. The ProntoNeo however uses NeoEdit.

Following information came from Jeroen Verhaar's site, see also [Link: home.versatel.nl]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connect the Pronto to your pc.

Start the program Pronto edit (Version 1.05. You don't have 1.05, download it here)
From the menu select 'Device' followed by 'Add Device'. A new 'Device' will apear in the list on the left.
Go to the 'Properties' of the 'Device' you just added (left-click on the 'Device --> Properties')
Go to the tab 'Action'
Click 'RC5/6'. A new window will appear (see picture below). Select 'RC6 mode 0'
Enter the value 4 at 'System'
At the 'Command' enter: 235

Press 'Ok' when you're ready.
Now this window will appear:

To transmit the code, do not disconnect the Pronto from your pc, start the IR test by clicking: Test IR. The DVD player's display will change into the famous dashes. Now, you can enter the code with the normal remote control:

222 222 005 255 followed by PLAY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me how to use this info with the ProntoNeo?

Many Thanks, Marc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse