The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday December 10, 2001 at 16:23
dewdman42
Founding Member
December 2001
I am very curious about this remote. I bought a Pronto a while back. I finally got around to programming it for my home theater and I'm very unsatisified with the LCD touchscreen approach. I want hard buttons. The Harmony has a few more hard buttons then my Pronto...so far so good. I don't want to ever have to look at an LCD screen and touch it. If the screen is informational, then fine.

What strikes me as as cool about the Harmony from what I have read so far is that its very updateable, especially since they are keeping the website up to date with channel listings and what not (as long as the company stays alive anyway).

What I can't really get a good idea about is how easy it would be to setup macros. On my pronto, I can hit one touchscreen button and have my entire theater setup for watching a DVD..or a different macro button to setup for watchind DSS...etc.. I assume I can do this with the Harmony using some kind of XML/HTML thing.. Its a bit fuzzy to me right now how it works. I also can't get a handle on discrete codes and how I can program them in.. ??

Will I always have to scroll through a menu to activate these various functions? I sorta wish there were a few extra hard buttons that I could program to do certain things that I regularly need to do without having to scroll through a menu.

Any other comments? So far, other remotes I am considering include the HTM MX500 and the Xantech URC-2P. Still looking though..

Hosting Services by ipHouse