The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 25, 2002 at 16:03
awriter
Lurking Member
July 2002
I just read the Harmony article in the Circuit's section of today's New York Times and was impressed enough to come find this place. I suspect I won't be the last. :)

Question for you Harmony experts: My cable system just dropped the Starsight guide (with one-touch record) because they were too cheap to pay the license fee. Unfortunately, Starsight holds the patent on one-touch record (for guides), so in order to record a program on the VCR I have to first fiddle with the TV remote to 'program' the cable box to change to a desired station at a desired time, and then program the #&$&* VCR to record 'channel 3' at the proper time.

What a hassle -- and not least because I usually forget one step or the other.

Will the Harmony allow me to retrieve my cable's programming and then allow me to click on a program to have it tune the cable box to the correct station and then turn on the VCR and record it? That's what I call a *remote*. If not, is there another remote on the market that will do it?

I am thinking about getting a Tivo-type player at some point in the future but can't afford one now, so a remote that actually did this would be a blessing.

Thanks for any advice you can offer......

Lisa

Hosting Services by ipHouse