The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday July 14, 2001 at 16:35
christopher
Historic Forum Post
Trevor,

Thanks for your comments - all taken on board.

The OneForAll Mosaic (apparently) does provide whatever is needed (IRDA?) to control the Pace STB according to the retailers (they wouldn't lie would they?) and I have read somewhere that for Pronto users, the Mosaic is a solution but the it is more restrictive in terms of the type and positioining of buttons and there is not a PC software thing like ProntoEdit to allow you to *play* for hours and hours creating complicated jumps and macros.

I will keep you infromed of progress, when I send the letter (I will post a copy before I send it to ask for comments / corrections) but meanwhile please do still progress with '2'. I had read that you were working with someone on creating an attachment but I hadn't mailed you with a 'me to'(as you requested) to keep me informed.

On the Sky thing. I got in touch with them today and they said that you didn't *have* to subscribe to get a mini dish. If you pay £100 for installation you get a free mini dish and don't get any of the 'subscription' channels. However you *do* get the non-subscription channels which include all the BBC's (including Knowldege/Choice/Parliament) CH4, CH5 and a whole rack (about 30)of other free channels (not just QVC & Shop!). You also get about 30 radio channels. You then get to control the box by Pronto, you get the Sky electronic programming guide and get Digital FOREVER for FREE. I just don't want to pay the 100 and have the (minor) hassel of the dish if I can get ntl to sort things out. The Sky thing does sound tempting tho!

Teresa,

Thanks for you views on TiVo - I am tempted !
I will do my sums and work out if I can justify the expence of either transfering to Sky or buying the TivO, but basically it would be a whole load easier if ntl were able to provide a solution. Cheers.

Do you remember the first thread you send on this same subject - it's huge now! That alone should be enough to get ntl to listen.

Thanks for all comments.
Any other workarounds that are *known* before I send the letter ?
C

Hosting Services by ipHouse