Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 1, 2006 at 13:08
poggy
Lurking Member
March 2006
Hi all,

I just got a Harmony 525 and so far am very impressed with it (for the price). The only problem I'm having is with the way my TV selects inputs. It's a Panasonic TX32PM12. I have a PVR on AV1 and a Sky box on AV2. I usually just watch everything through the PVR but quite often find myself recording something while watching the Sky box through AV2.

The TV seems to have 2 modes, AV and TV, switched using a TV/AV button on the OEM remote. Whilst in "AV" mode the coloured (red, green, yellow) buttons switch between the 3 AV inputs. I've tried all the discreet codes that appeared on my Harmony but not one of them do anything. The only way I can get it to change channel is by telling it that it has to press AV first then a coloured button but then if, say, I go from the PVR activity to the TV activity it changes it "TV" mode (because it's trying to press TV/AV before Green).

I hope I've explained this well because reading that back even I'm confused! If anybody has a similar problem and has got round it I would love to know how! Until then pressing the help button on the remote every time it messes up is working a treat!

I love this thing but I do wish these big appliance manufacturers would make their equipment function a little more easily. What's wrong with having discrete codes for everything! How much more room on an OEM remote would three tiny little AV select buttons use up?! ARGH!
--
Poggy

Hosting Services by ipHouse