The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 3, 2006 at 23:06
jls944
Long Time Member
February 2006
I am looking to purchase my first intelligent remote and am going back and forth between the Pronto 3000 and the Harmony 880. I love the fact that the Pronto is fully customizable, but I'm not sure if will be too difficult to learn. On the other hand, I have some concerns with the 880 I was hoping some of the 880 owners could answer.

I hear that that the 880 will switch off components that are not being used, therefore making it hard to do two things at once. For instance, if I am waltching television and I want to turn on lights, my television will turn off.

How customizable is the remote? I hear it is not close to the Pronto, although it is much easier to program.

Do you think I will run into any problems with my setup? I have a plasma, dvd, cable box, receiver, and scene lighting.

Finally, does the remote give you the option of having different room configurations? I have a television in my kitchen and den that I would like to work with the remote? Do you know if the Pronto can handle multiple room layouts?

Hosting Services by ipHouse