The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 6, 2006 at 13:19
fsped69
Lurking Member
March 2006
Hello all, I am a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff, I tried to search but was unsuccessful. I have a handful of questions, so I hope someone can help.

I recently bought the 880 to get rid of the 7 remotes on my coffee table. I have everything working correctly (TV, Tivo, Amp, DVD, DigiCable, Lights, Computer) All seems well. However there are few things I don't get.

1. The position of the menus keeps changing. For instance. If I hit "devices" the Tivo option is in the top left corner. Then if I hit the "Off" button at the top of the remote, then "Devices" again, Tivo has now moved to another position. My question is this, is there anything I can do to make them not move ever?

2. When I go through "Activities" and select, "Watch Tivo" the remote does its thing, and I am watching Tivo. Everything works fine, INCLUDING the Volume controls. If I want to turn the lights off, I go to "Devices > Lights" Then I go back to "Devices > Tivo" and the Volume control doesn't work. Volume only works if I am under Activities "Watch Tivo vs. Tivo". I am positive that during the initial setup, I pointed all volume controls to go to my reciever/amp (Onkyo).

3. I can't find where/how to change the device icons. For instance I have an Xbox. But the icon for the "Game" device is Nintendo's Gamecube. I can make the new icon no problem, but I can't figure out how to load/replace the current one.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help, sorry for being a newb.

Hosting Services by ipHouse