The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday January 8, 2007 at 19:57
tangible
Long Time Member
December 2006
No, I decided to try Logitech support instead, as the Amazon guy's "confirmation" that I would not get another defective unit seemed to be based on faith rather than evidence.

The rep I spoke to at Logitech last Thursday agreed that the buttons on my unit are defective, but said he is not able to authorize an exchange. It had to be escalated to second level support, who, he said, would instruct me on how to map the non-working functions to other buttons. I told him I had already done that, as a work-around, but would not accept that as a real solution.

I later got an email saying I would hear from them in 1 business day. I did not, of course. Today I called again. Spoke to another rep who said she needed to get authorization to let me talk to 2nd level support. She then put me on hold for 45 minutes. The 2nd level person who answered again agreed that the unit is defective. He said he was referring it to the Returns department, who "might have other questions for me", whatever that means.

This is all so hard to understand. The only complicated thing about Harmony is the software. Manufacturing a remote whose buttons work can't be all that hard in today's world....there are, what, billions of them?, out there. If they really got a defective batch from their manufacturer they should just recall them all rather than play games with their customers. The functionality and usability of this product are brilliant, but the execution and service are obviously not in the same league.

Hosting Services by ipHouse