Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday December 7, 2006 at 05:10
Boydie
Lurking Member
December 2006
[quote]You have to use RAW mode.[/quote]

AKIRBY

Could you explain this a little for me

Are you saying that it IS possible if you use RAW mode?? - if so could you please also explain what RAW mode is and how I could do this ;-)

JS5752...

[quote]Boydie,

I don't think that method would work. I've noticed that when my Harmony learns a remote code, it doesn't appear to catch multiple presses. I've tried without a macro based remote to just hit a few buttons to accomplish something, and it just says that there was an error receiving the code.

-Jeff
[/quote]

Jeff

I know that what you describe won't work as this is the usual way to programme macros and as we all know the Harmony does not support macros (apart from some discontinued models)

HOWEVER - what I had read was that if you "Learn" a macro that has apready been programmed in another remote the Harmony will learn this as a single command and it was reported that this works

As I have said I have not yet tried this so if anyone has actually tried this exact method I would love to know - which is also why I want to understand this "RAW mode" ??

I really do hope this does work as the extra expense on a cheap remote to enable macro functionality would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse