The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 26, 2007 at 08:41
Michael F
Founding Member
January 2002
I have several questions that I am hoping people can help with. Some are specific to the 670, others are just general "how do you do that" questions.

1) PICTURE & SOUND: On the 670, do the Picture and Sound buttons do anything? I can't find a way to program them, and they never do anything for me

2) CHANNELS: I know the 670 does not have the media button, but is there a way to program channels? This is a real low priority to me, but figured I would check to see if there is a trick.

3) TV VOLUME: I send my video from my DVD player to my TV, but the sound through an optical cable to my receiver. To avoid an echo, I don't want any sound coming from the TV. If I mute the TV I get a mute icon on the screen. Turning the volume down to level 1 does the trick, but there is no way to program for this. I have a device where I do use the TV volume, so the TV volume could be at a variety of sound level when I start watching a DVD. Any tricks for this? The TV is a Vizio.

4) X10: I want to have two buttons on the LCD screen that say "bright" and "dim". As you would guess I want it to control the X10 switch for the room. Is there a way to have a LCD button, send the correct signal to set to light#1, and then send the bright signal? I did this on my old MX-500 using the M1 and M2 buttons. My thought that remote was thirsty, so it no longer works therefore I can not learn the IR signal.

Thanks in advance.

FYI - I switched from the 880 to the 670 and am much happier. It just feels like a better built remote. Only drawback is the transport keys are a bit tough to read without the glow button.

Hosting Services by ipHouse