Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 30, 2007 at 22:49
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Hey all. I'm doing a system based on a multi zone, multi source AVR. I am using one 688 for zone 1 and another for zone 2. In zone 1 i have a TV (A), DVD, 5 disc CD, and Sat PVR. In zone 2 I have a different TV (B) and share the same components. Everything uses descrete on off buttons on the remotes with the exception of the PVR which will remain on all the time.

In both zones (meaning on both remotes) I have the settings configured so that when sources are switched they are not turned off (using the activities, customize, change options, leave on setting). So this will ensure that when both zones are in use and one zone switches from say, a DVD to the Sat, it doesn't turn the DVD off causing the other zone to lose the DVD as well.

In the devices, options, power settings section of zone 1 i have things set so they turn off when not in use (except the PVR it's on all the time). So when i press all off on the zone 1 remote, the TV (A), DVD, CD, and AVR zone1 shuts off. Yes this would meen that a zone 2 user would have everything shut down on them but i can't see a way to avoid this. One of them has to be able to shut everything off and i figured zone one as it's the main theater and will see the most use.

In the same section of programming of zone 2 i have the TV and AVR zone 2 set so they turn off when not in use, and the CD, DVD and PVR set so they stay on all the time.

I think this will result in the CD, DVD, and PVR staying on when i turn off the zone 2 remote, preventing, as mentioned above, the interuption of components in use in Zone 1.

First question: Does what i just said make any sense?

Second question. Am i on the right track here or is my sut up flawed.

Third: Can anyone think of a way that i can have two off buttons, one to use when both zones are in use so only the TV and AVR is shut off. Another to use when shutting EVERYTHING off.

Thanks alot, Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse