The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday March 12, 2006 at 18:54
JBarrie
Lurking Member
March 2006
accuteklab: Sorry, I just noticed your post from February, so I hope the follow ideas aren't too late for you. I've been using X-10 heavily for 20 years now. If you're really big into scenarios, you need custom equipment/controllers (as suggested above). However, I'm satisfied with my Harmony 880.

In IR control, I'm using a couple of different "Lighting" activities to switch on lights in my house. With my older X-10 adaptors, there are no pre-programmed codes for certain lighting levels. As a result, you need to send a significant number of "dim"s etc. to achieve what you want. I use the **activity-entering** feature of the Harmony to send out all kinds of commands to the different lights I want on. I have an activity called Lights-Dim, and another called Lights-All.

I unwittingly exceeded the Harmony maximum. Lighting my family room for a movie-theater scenario with 30-odd commands works fine. "Lighting-All" for the whole house was interesting. Consistently, it gets through 40-45 of the 60 commands, and stops. Always at exactly the same place.

Obviously I've hit a limit here. The Harmony tech support went to third tier to get the limitation. You may be entertained to know that the Harmony position is that their web site will support a limit of 6 activity-entering commands. Anything beyond that is gravy.

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the AVSforum for the many contributions on the use of Harmony with X-10.
D'ye ken John Peel?

Hosting Services by ipHouse