Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday February 4, 2007 at 13:49
jlet
March 2004
I now have the dreaded "The DVI/HDMI output is blocked - Press Exit to Cancel" overlaid message from my SA8300HD PVR since the latest F/W update (Sara 1.89). The problem occurs when the Sony TV starts up regardless of the PVR power status. Remember that the PVR off state is just a standby state. It still monitors its HDMI input. Although the problem goes away when I press the Exit button, I found a better solution via my DVI switch. I noticed that the problem went away when I toggle its input. So, I simply delayed the DVI switching to the correct input by setting its Power On delay to 900 ms. My DVI Switch is the Dtrovision DS-41R which is deemed by Harmony to have no power button and can't be fooled by setting its power configuration otherwise. So I had to enter it as a fake device (-not listed-), confirm IR language to pick up its 4 input commands (Input 1-4), set its input configuration, and then pretend it's a powered device. I set its PowerOn and PowerOff commands to be an input not use by the PVR. So it starts on a non-PVR input, receive its PowerOn command which is also a non-PVR input, then Harmony waits 900 ms (PowerOn delay) before sending it the input command which is the proper input for the "Watch PVR" activity.
H659, H680, SA8300HD, TH-50PZ850, AVR-X4000

Hosting Services by ipHouse